Just recently we wrote a post about health benefits of good posture. In this post we will dig deeper and talk about good standing posture.
8 most important and easy things you can do to achieve good standing posture
Hold your head straight and chin in, so that the highest point of your body is the top back of your head. Try not to tilt your head.
- Keep your shoulders back. Your standing posture is correct if your earlobes are in line with the middle of your shoulders.
- Maintain a small hollow in your low back, but avoid the tendency for too much arch/leaning back, especially when you have to stand for a long time.
- Let your arms hang naturally down the sides of the body.
- Keep your knees slightly bent, unlocked and relaxed.
- Support your weight equally on both feet. In case you have to stand for a long time shift your weight from your toes to your heels, or one foot to the other.
- Tuck your stomach in.
- Avoid standing in the same position for a long time.
Now you know, how to achieve good standing posture. Awareness of good standing posture is only one half. The other and more important half is continuous monitoring and correction of your posture. Only then you are able to replace your old posture with correct standing posture.
What do you do to achieve good standing posture? Let us know. Send us an e-mail and we will share your story with our readers. Link to your blog or page will be added.
Do not forget to share this article about good standing posture – your friends will appreciate it.
Image credits: backrelief.ca