One popular summer treat that many people choose to consume when they’re in need of something refreshing is watermelon. Watermelon is the best summer fruit – it is sweet, juicy, refreshing and pure. It can be consumed in many ways like eaten raw, or as a juice and can be added to the salad in combination of other fruits. Due to the very large water content that watermelon contains this makes it ideal for anyone who is looking to get in more water and improve hydration levels.
People have asked about nutrition facts and calories in watermelon. Here is the list.
Nutrition facts and calories in watermelon
Following are the list of nutrients and calories in watermelon present in 100 grams:
- Energy – 30 kcal
- Water – 91.45 grams
- Vitamin C – 8.1 mg
- Vitamin A – 569 IU
- Total Folate – 3 mcg
- Total Dietary Fiber – 0.4 grams
- Sugars – 6.20 grams
- Sodium – 1 mg
- Protein – 0.61 grams
- Potassium – 112 mg
- Phosphorus – 11 mg
- Magnesium – 10 mg
- Iron – 0.24 mg
- Fluoride – 1.5 mcg
- Fats – 0.15 gm
- Carbohydrates – 7.55 gm
- Calcium – 7 mg
- Carotenoids (Neurosporene, Lutein, Beta-Carotene, Phytoene, Phytofluene, Lycopene)
Health benefits of watermelon
Watermelon has a great deal of health benefits. Here are just some of the most important ones.
- Watermelons are an excellent source of several vitamins – vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C
- Watermelon is a natural source of the most powerful antioxidants. It has protective effect against several types of cancers. It also reduces the risks of asthma, heart disease, osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Keeps eye health.
- Keeps your immune system strong, teeth and gums healthy and slows aging.
- Helps your body to produce energy.
- Reduces the risk of several illnesses – asthma, heart disease, osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Raises sperm count
- Watermelon is also great if you want to lose couple of pound
- Watermelon is cholesterol free
- Watermelon has a special cooling effect
Read the full article about health benefits of watermelon.
Do you like this article about nutrition facts and calories in watermelon?! Share it with your friends and remember – health is wealth!