Earlier we have talked about different health benefits of relaxation. One important ingredient of relaxed life is good health. Today we will share with you one simple tip for good health – eat watermelon. The watermelon health benefits are really great. No matter how you eat it, it is packed with some of the most important health improving benefits.
The most important watermelon health benefits
Watermelon is a great source of many vitamins
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant and helps to keep eye health
- Watermelon Is full of vitamin C. Vitamin C keeps your immune system strong, teeth and gums healthy and slows aging.
- Watermelon also has a lot of vitamin B (B6 and B1). Vitamin B helps your body to produce energy.
So, when talking about watermelon health benefits, we can say, that it is a powerful source of different useful vitamins.
Watermelon is also a natural source of powerful antioxidants, like lycopene in pink watermelon. Lycopene has demonstrated protective effect against cancer and it reduces the risk of several illnesses – asthma, heart disease, osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis. Watermelon has more lycopene than any other fruit or vegetable.
Did you know that green tea works very well together with foods rich in lycopene (such as watermelon). The beneficial effect is even stronger when green tea is consumed together with these foods.
Watermelon is also rich with citrulline. It is an amino acid that your body is using to make another amino acid, arginine. Here are just some of the important benefits of arginine as well as watermelon health benefits:
- Promotes shorter healing time for bones and other tissues
- Helps reduce blood pressure
- Immune enhancement by raising t-cell count
- Improving nitrogen balance and protein metabolism
- Helps combat infertility by raising sperm count
- May improve growth hormone levels
Watermelon is also great if you want to lose couple of pounds, as it is low in calories and contains a lot of water. Watermelon is 100% fat-free. This makes it filling but not fattening. The sweetness of watermelon will help you with the temptation to grab those high calories sweets.
In addition, watermelon is cholesterol free, so you do not have to worry about cholesterol problems.
Watermelon has a special cooling effect. Nothing is better on a hot summer day than a juicy slice of watermelon.
These were the most important watermelon health benefits. All those watermelon health benefits let your body and mind to function more effectively. Eat watermelon and live a healthy life!
Do you like this article about watermelon health benefits?! Share it with your friends – health is wealth!