Just recently we wrote a detailed article about physical stress related symptoms in women (more or less the same list of stress related symptoms apply for men as well). As we got a lot of emails asking for more information about different stress related symptoms, we decided to give you a list of all most common stress related symptoms.
While not everyone experiences every one of the symptoms mentioned below, these are common symptoms when moderate or severe stress is experienced.
Stress related symptoms – emotional
Emotional symptoms are usually one of the first stress related symptoms that will be noticed. Do not ignore those symptoms, since they can grow into depression.
- An overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety
- Lack of mental power and concentration
- Blurry mind and difficulties to think clearly
- Changeable moods
- Lack of memory
- Inexplicable reactions
- Different phobias
Advice: try to notice those stress related symptoms as early as possible and do not ignore them. In many cases those symptoms are noticed first by other people – do not ignore their comments or advice.
Stress related symptoms – physical
Please keep in mind, that physical symptoms can also be caused by other illnesses. However the body and mind are not separate entities – any of the physical problems listed below may directly result from stress.
- Lack of sleep and insomnia
- Breathing problems
- Headache or other pains
- Stomach problems
- Sweaty or cold hands and feet
- Under eating or overeating and weight fluctuation
- Loss of hair
- Muscle tension, cramps
- Increased blood pressure
- Skin problems
- Irregular heartbeat
- Weaker immune system – more colds, flu or infections
Stress related symptoms – relational
In addition to physical and emotional stress related symptoms, you may experience an anti-social behavior that affects your relationships with other people.
- Increased number of disagreements and conflicts
- Acts of road rage
- Withdrawal from social activities
- Cases of violence
- Numerous job changes in a short period of time
- If you experience those symptoms it is advisable to seek help
Please let us know, what kind of other stress related symptoms have you experienced. We will include it to our list.
Do not forget to share this article about stress related symptoms – your friends will appreciate it.