We all know that exercising is crucial for your health and appearance. It helps you burn body fat, it strengthen your muscles, and it improves and maintains your cardiovascular system. The question is when should you exercise? In the morning or in the evening?
I believe that working out in the morning has some advantages that no other time of the day provides. Here are 5 of the big ones why to exercise in the morning.
Top 5 reasons to exercise in the morning
1. You know you get the workout done – Life tends to get in the way of even the most carefully laid plans. When you schedule a workout after work, you have the right intentions. You certainly intend to workout. However, there are so many things which can ruin your plans: a call from an angry client, you may get stuck in traffic, your boss may keep you late, etc.
You can never be sure that you’ll actually get the workout done. The only time which nothing can interfere with is the early morning hours. You haven’t given the day the chance to mess with your plans.
2. Gives you energy – I don’t know about you, but I found one simple thing: I am more energized and more productive on days in which I train in the morning. The difference in energy levels can be substantial. Try it and you may find that you’re not as tired as you normally are during your work day.
3. Boosts your metabolism – Any physical activity increases metabolism. Your workouts simply do so by a great degree. When you do a strong workout session in the morning you’re giving yourself an early metabolism hike that will last for hours and give you an increased benefit throughout your day.
I recommend a workout routine that involves resistance training and cardio for the best benefits overall.
4. De-stress before work – Exercise in the morning and relieve stress. This is a well known fact. Just thinking about the day you’re about to begin is enough to get anyone stressed out. If you do a workout and get that stress down, you will be a happier and better worker.
5. You burn a lot of fat – Studies have shown that if you do an early morning cardio workout before you’ve had breakfast, that you will burn more body fat than if you had done the workout later on.
This is likely due to the fact that you haven’t eaten for quite some time before that meal, leading your body to burn off more fat stores for energy.
You can actually start exercising in the morning before even getting out of bed. Here is and exercise to start with.
Video: The gentle morning wake up call – an exercise to activate the circulation in the feet.
For all these reasons, I believe that you should exercise in the morning. This is an excellent habit for you to adopt.
Do you exercise in the morning or in the evening?
Please share this article about the top reasons to exercise in the morning!
Picture: lululemon athletic