Panic attacks are moments of extremely heightened fear or apprehension caused by a variety of circumstances but mostly by an overspill of stress. They may last from a few minutes to hours.
Panic attack does not exactly mean that there is an attack of any kind. It is just a body and mind response to a certain situation(s). However, they are rarely life-threatening, panic attacks can cause acute discomfort to the victim including nausea, shaking, hyperventilation, sweating and loss of control. Most of the symptoms represent the body’s flee or fight response to danger. This is why it is extremely important to find effective ways to stop panic attack naturally and fast.
Effective Ways to Stop Panic Attack Naturally and Fast
- Seek help. This should always be the first step. A professional psychologist will guide you through steps and ways of stopping and preventing panic attacks naturally.
- Do not run from the location of occurrence. If you notice that you frequently get a panic attack in a certain place, it is because by always escaping the place and situation each time the attack occurs, conditions the mind to believe that this particular place is dangerous. Simply try your best to control the attack and convince the mind that the situation and location are safe.
- Focus on something apart from yourself and the attack.
- Simply grab onto anything and start talking about it.
- Take a breath of fresh air. This will help slow down the heartbeat and return the breathing to normal.
- Expect the best. Do not walk around expecting a panic attack at any moment. Your imagination will be the cause of the attack. Instead, picture yourself controlling and getting the upper hand in the situation.
- Force your brain to think. During a panic attack, the brain is wholly concentrated on the attack; distracting the brain will reduce the intensity of the attack. A suitable technique would be to count backwards from a hundred; this will force your brain to think hence distracting it away from the panic attack.
The key to stop panic attack naturally and fast lies in mind control. The mind is a remarkably powerful tool, which can create some very unrealistic situations. Being in a positive environment will help your mind to concentrate on positive thoughts. Ensure that you surround yourself with positive friends, music, books, and activities.
However, in the heat of the moment it is easy to simply forget all the above and that is why practice is essential. Close your eyes and imagine yourself in a panic attack, then try to use the above techniques to control your brain. Doing this regularly will ingrain the above skills into your system and you are able to stop panic attack naturally and fast.
Have you experienced a panic attack – how did you overcome the attack.
Please share this article about ways to stop panic attack naturally and fast – your friends will appreciate the knowledge.
This guest article was written by Aazath – a public health worker. He writes on healthy living topics including tips on how to stay healthy and occasionally shares some expert beauty tips.
Photo: Helga Weber