As busy women, we face certain stressors on a day-to-day basis, and we are expected to operate on a superhero mode giving100% all the time. We are wives and mommies, we have family drama, full time jobs (and the inevitable workplace drama), school activities, walking dogs, sports, etc. How on earth is it all possible? Not sure, but somehow we figure it out.
A break, you ask? What is that? As far out of our comfort zone as it seems, it is actually ok for us to relax a bit every now and then. It actually might increase our efficiency in the superhero gig. So, stop feeling guilty for even reading up on how you might relax, and listen up because you deserve it.
Here are ten relaxation tips for busy women that might help you relax a little in the midst of your never-ending “to do” list
10 Great Relaxation Tips for Busy Women
1. Call a friend, for a quick chat. Call someone who always makes you smile, who doesn’t barrage you with their own stress and just tell them that you were thinking about them. After all – a friend in need is a friend indeed.
2. Have a good laugh. When the girl in the office who insists on wearing 4-inch heels to work accidentally loses her balance and takes a nose dive (as long as she is ok), go ahead, leave the room and let out that barely contained giggle. Who wears 4-inch heels anywhere, let alone to work?
3. Put on a pair of fuzzy socks. Warmth brings comfort, and comfort brings relaxation. Besides, it is so cute to look down and see your fuzzy feet (but we will get to cuteness later).
4. Look at a picture of your kids when they were babies. Revel in their cuteness and remember that you made them. You really are a superhero, and you should be proud. Babies have an innocent smile. Large amount of stress and tensions are released when you look at a baby smiling.
5. Watch a funny video online and smile, smile, smile. You always have small chunks of time amidst work. Use this time and watch a funny video on the internet to lower the stress.
6. Give yourself ten minutes and read a few chapters of a book. Pick your favorite authors work and escape into a new world for which you were longing for. This is another way of taking a break from general routine and get relaxed.
7. Take a warm shower and sing your favorite song – really loud. The acoustics in the bathroom are terrific! We all sound like Mariah Carey in the shower! Generally, when you shower with cold water, you would see yourself singing and enjoying the moment.
8. Pick a song from your childhood and dance around the room like a mad woman. All your senses would activate and you would generate new enthusiasm in yourself , as music has a soothing effect on your mind too.
9. Cuddle with your pet. Spending time with pets is considered as one of the best relaxation techniques.
10. Have a glass of wine (or beer), while sitting down and doing nothing else. This would relax all your muscles and takes you to your own world of dreams and energizes you instantly.
Try these relaxation tips for busy women when you really require a small break from your day-long work, trust me you will feel relaxed and happy.
What are your relaxation tips – feel free to share them in the comments below.
Please share this article about relaxation tips for busy women – your friends will appreciate the knowledge.
About the Author: My name is Evita. I am a tech writer from UK. I am into Finance. At present I am focusing on ppi claims . Catch me @financeport