Although it might sound as a cliché, health is essential for leading a normal life. We often need to bring back the balance in our health condition and a good supplement – like Triphala Churna – can be extremely helpful for such an endeavor.
Triphala Churna: Benefits, Ingredients, Uses And Side Effects
What Is Triphala Churna: Main Benefits
With a name, which means “three fruits” in Sanskrit, Triphala is a very popular remedy in Ayurveda (the traditional medicine system of India). Its powder form is called Triphala Churna (the latter word means “powder”). The natives believe that the incredible supplement is able to cure any disease. Therefore, the Ayurvedic physic uses this “nectar of life” for a multitude of health purposes, including:
- Stimulation of the immune system;
- Digestion improvement (coping with constipation, gas troubles, cleansing of the gastrointestinal tract, keeping the bowels healthy and the metabolism functioning right, provoking your appetite);
- Detoxifying of the blood, improving its circulation;
- Healing eye diseases;
- Fighting with viral infections;
- Rejuvenating your body;
- Regulating the nervous system;
- Maintaining the structure of mucus and bone tissues;
- Other possible benefits the powder form of Triphala might bring concern: the heart, the muscles, the lungs, the urinary tract and many other human tissues and organs.
- A powerful nutrient, Triphala Churna (Phala Trika, Vara) can be used for anti-aging as well and preventing the thinning and loss of color of the hair.
Which Are The Natural Ingredients Of Triphala Churna?
The Triphala powder consists of three fruits, as you have probably guessed by the meaning of its name we have mentioned above. Each one of these organic constituents is important for the benefits that the thorough combination is able to bring. You are already informed about the summary of advantages. Let us review the useful ingredients one by one now:
Vibhitaki (Belleric Myrobalan; Terminalia chebula):
- Purifies the blood;
- Prevents the graying and thinning hair changes;
- Eye benefits;
- Detoxifying properties (that is why many people use Triphala for weight loss purposes).
Amlalaki (Indian gooseberry; Emblica officinalis):
- Is rich in vitamin C;
- Improves digestion;
- Stimulates the iron absorption;
- Detoxifies the body by the liver and the gall bladder;
- Reproductive system strengthening;
- Cleanses the lung mucus;
- Improves the brain functioning;
- Helps with eye, cardiovascular and other diseases.
Haritaki (Chebulic Myrobalan; Terminalia bellirica):
- Heals wounds;
- Cures skin diseases;
- Good for the eyes;
- Includes spleen and liver benefits;
- Strengthens the immune system;
- Improves the mental activity;
- Helps for anti-aging purposes.
The preparation process is quite simple. When you mix the dry powder of the three compounds in equal proportion, you should receive a homogenous powder. Keep the final products in an airtight container.
Are There Any Side Effects Of The Triphala Powder?
Triphala Churna is perfectly harmless for the regular organism. However, in case you have dysentery, diabetes and especially if you have just become a mother (still pregnant or lactating one), you need to consult your doctor before taking it. In case you want to be more cautious, it is recommended not to take this supplement during pregnancy, although Amalaki has some benefits for lactating mothers.
Some side effects are possible in these cases as well as when you use the supplement for too long or in too large doses. Some of the dispositions the powdered form of Triphala can be responsible of, include:
- Damage of colon muscles;
- Changes in the blood sugar and cholesterol levels;
- Sleep troubles;
- Stomach irritation provoked by Triphala weight loss supplements.
If you follow the recommended dosage, you should not have any side effect. However, you should know that taking this supplement with some allopathic medicines may lead to some health problems, although it is not a sure thing.
What Is The Recommended Use And Dosage Of Triphala Churna?
There is a certain method you can apply for taking Triphala Churna. You simply need to follow these instructions step by step:
- Warm a cup of milk (water – for best results).
- Squeeze half a lemon into the cup.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of honey and stir.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the Triphala powder.
- Stir once more (really good).
- Drink it an hour before breakfast.
- Just an hour before going to sleep make the same solution and drink it up.
In case you don’t like its strong taste, use juice instead of milk/water. Also, if you don’t have time to mix these ingredients each time, you could buy a capsule form of Triphala powder. The important part is to repeat the procedure twice every single day.
Triphala Churna is not addictive, has a lot of health benefits, almost without side effects if the recommended dosage is followed, and can make your life better starting now.