Sometimes, even if you are doing the right thing in your life, you find yourself not being contented or you feel unfair. As if the universe conspires to betray your hopes and dreams. Life is not fair, that’s everyone says and you kind of agree with that. Things may be shallow or deep, but whatever it may be, it will surely disappoint you. It happens all the time and leads to frustrations, depression and negativity.
But you cannot stay on that situation. You cannot be a pessimistic your whole life. You need to attract good vibrations to stay focus and well, be optimistic in life. The question is, how you are going to do it. Below are the suggested things you can do to stay optimistic in life.
How To Stay Optimistic In Life
- Share a smile – Before entering any rooms, make sure you put a smile on your face. A comfortable smile will do. A smile that wouldn’t scare away the people around you. Feel relax and comfortable on talking with other people. This step will help you to gain friends and well, confidence too.
- Be open-minded – It is essential that you are an open-minded person. You must welcome a lot of options. You must accept that a lot of things are possible. Don’t close any of your doors with endless possibilities. Take time to make a judgment on certain thing or situation.
- Do not waste time on being upset with other people – Hey, don’t feel too upset about the things that other people did to you on the past. You must think the future, the brighter future. Ignore the people who try to put you down. Just focus on the things you are doing and make sure to make a move to reach your goal. Only deal with people who bring and share good vibrations that help you to stay optimistic in life.
- Lessen the nagging attitude – Nagging would not do any good to people. They will feel the insecurity about life and feel annoyed by you. Make a firm decision on things and don’t just say yes. Make yourself more interesting with the things you are doing without being a nagger.
- Clean your room/house – Thought that this won’t help? You are mistaken. A tidy room helps you to feel happy and stay optimistic in life. You will have a refreshed feeling about everything. You can try to rearrange your furniture or change the coating of your room. You can also buy something for your house/room. A tidy room will give you another perspective in life.
- Laugh – Whether it is a comedy movie or something you overheard from your friend you are laughing about, what matters is that you are laughing. What did they say about laughing? It is the best medicine! Try it.
- Pick your motto – Live by your favorite motto. Practice it without overdoing it. You can also live by the principles of other people. Just make sure it fits your life and your own principles as well. A motto will guide you in whatever endeavor you want to take. It’s like a stepping stone for your goal.
- Practice gratitude – Appreciating the littlest things done by other people for you is a sure way of being happy and optimistic in life. It will boost your mood for a day or even for a week. You can write a gratitude letter to someone or a sincerely thank you will do. The simplest things done by other people for you are the best ones.
- Share your happiness – Be nice to other people no matter what. Like tell that lady that her dress is pretty. Tell the little kiddo that he/she must be friendly in school. Tell that man that his shoes is neatly shined. Tell to your old lady neighbor that she has the best baked goodies you have tasted. Tell your office mate that she/he made a good job on the last project. Cheer someone today like sending a note or something sweet. This will surely help that person.
- Always believe that happiness is a choice – This may be hard at first, most especially if you are having a rough time on your life. Don’t blame anyone or anything because you feel down or depress. Staying happy is not always happy but this is an option you must take. Regardless of what is happening around you, you must always choose happiness over depression. Being happy will enlighten your mood and boost your confidence.
You do not need to rush things to make yourself an optimistic person. Take time and take these little steps towards on a positive life. You are the boss of your life. You are the one who lead your precious life to the path of being happy and positive in life. Choose happiness and it will take you everywhere. Make yourself a believer of happiness to stay optimistic in life.
Written by Elizabeth Terry, a college student who majors in Creative Writing and an active essay writer for www.essayontime.com. She’s also fond of writing her thoughts on her Blotted Ink Blog.
Photo: La Melodie