To relieve tension in feet, you must be able to identify how severe the soreness is. If it is just a minor foot sore just like cold feet or pain of the toes, heels, or balls of a foot there are ways which can be done at home to eliminate the pain.
How To Relieve Tension In Feet
What to do when having cold feet
For more videos, check out Good Relaxation Videos.
Cold feet is the most common foot pain and the easiest to cure. It can be acquired by sitting so long on the toes and heels which are too much for the feet to handle. Cold feet can be easily cured by tapping feet on the floor in the right position.
Here are the simple steps to relieve tension in feet and eliminate cold feet.
- Sit flat on the floor in a yoga mat or a sit upon.
- Sit straight and slightly stride back. Make sure to lean back on both hands for support.
- Bring legs up to an inverted V-Shape, with the feet resting n the floor.
- Tap toes on the floor for 30 seconds then the heels for another 30 seconds. Do it alternately.
- Continue until tension in the feet is eliminated.
In a couple of minutes, the feet will feel normal again, the oxygen and blood flows to every cell on your feet and the feeling of needles pinching on the feet will eventually fade.
Stretch routine to relieve tension in feet
Who wouldn’t like wearing high-heeled shoes on a party, or hard-soled chic sandals? Such footwear may look good but they can cause feet soreness. To prevent this from happening, here is a 15-minute routine to relieve tension in feet.
- Stand with the feet aligned together facing forward for a minute. Make sure the feet are aligned.
- For a minute walk around on barefoot make sure to keep an alignment. This way the foot will get used to walking straight while relaxing muscles of the feet.
- Stand in a 45-degree lunge with your right foot forward. Then coil left toes towards the floor. Switch weight with left leg and do toe curling on the right foot. Do this exercise alternately for 3 to 5 times.
- Sit on the floor with the feet resting flat against the wall. Bend forward for 10 seconds. Repeat bending forward for 3 times. This routine stretches the calf and hamstrings which will prevent the feet from being stiff when wearing high-heeled shoes.
- For 2 to 3 minutes, lie down and face the wall. Raise both legs on the wall in a V-shape as wide as you feel comfortable.
- Sit straight on a chair, rest right foot on the left thigh. Interlock the fingers to right toes and stretch. This exercise can widen the space in between the toes. Focus on spreading them and refrain from pulling the toes up or down. Repeat the exercise on the left foot.
- Lastly, massage sore foot with a topical gel.
Resting the feet, putting ice on the sore area, compression and lying down and elevating the feet to a level higher than the chest can be a first aid to relieve tension oin feet with severe soreness. After performing first aid, consult a doctor to prevent further development of foot problems which can affect mobility.
Foot massage to relieve foot pain
Another way to relieve tension in feet is to massage the pained foot. Rub the foot with a topical gel and massage them gently in a circular motion until the pain goes away. When doing foot massage to relieve tension in feet, adjust the pressure as necessary. Then bend the toes forward and backward, curl and wiggle them. For the finishing touch squeeze each heel of the feet.
Ways to prevent suffering achy-feet
There are ways to prevent such foot pains, first is to choose the right shoes, refrain from wearing high-heeled shoes and always stretch the legs and feet.
Here is how to prevent the feet from soreness.
Choose the right shoes
Choose shoes with an inner arch which will support the feet. There are shoes in the market which have foamy beds and are sculpted based on structure of the foot bed.
Refrain from wearing high-heeled shoes
If possible wear shoes with negative heels. The heel of each foot carries weight of the body and the balls supports each heel. A high-heeled shoe transfers weight to the balls of the feet which can cause foot soreness because it (balls) can’t take too much weight. Always keep balls of each foot in level with the heels.
Before leaving the house don’t forget to stretch. Do the 15-minute routine mentioned on a daily basis.
Feet play an important role in life. If you do not properly care for them, you may experience injuries that may have permanent effects on your mobility and daily life. Follow the tips above to relieve tension in feet and experience painless walking, running, or dancing.